четверг, 19 марта 2015 г.

How To Set Up MobileTemplate by nhuang on Joomla 3.0

The developer has provided the official instruction on their website (http://www.nhuang.com/joomla/joomla-mobile-template.html) BUT I have a hard time to understand it so I write my own instruction to help others who might have the same problem.


Just so you know, the layout of my mobile website after setting it up with MobileTemplate is like this.. First you will see the title of the website. It is automatically set up by the template. I didn't do anything to configure it. Next to the title, there's an icon you can click to bring out or close the menu (mobile_nav). Below these two, you'll see a banner which states that this is the mobile version of my official website (content_top). After that you'll see a list of articles. I didn't configure this so I have no idea how the articles are selected. Lastly, there's an empty spot at the bottom (footer).

So... how did I do it?
  1. Download and installed it like usual
  2. Enable the plugin
    • Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager
    • Find a plugin called System - Mobile Template
    • Enable the plugin
  3. Create a new menu set just for your mobile site
    • Go to Menus > Menu Manager > Add New Menu
  4. Create a new module for that menu
    • Go to Extensions > Module Manager > New > Menu
    • Set the position to mobile_nav
    • To be safe, name the module as mobile_nav too. I haven't got the time to properly test it so I don't know if the name matter at all or not but to be safe, I just do it.
  5. If you want to display a slideshow, image or something under the name of your website and menus, create a new module for that
    • Go to Extensions > Module Manager > New > Custom HTML or whatever module
    • Set the position to content_top
    • Again, to be safe, name the module as content_top too. I honestly think there's no need to name the module whatever you want but I was in a hurry when I set it up so I want to avoid any possible problem. Now that I have some spare time, I feel too lazy to test if it actually matters :P
  6. If you want to put something at the bottom of your mobile website, create another module
    • Go to Extensions > Module Manager > New > Whatever module
    • Set the position to footer
  7. Okay, you are done :)
This is just the basic k. If you need more, please refer to the official nhuang website.

That's all for now. Bye :)

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий